Learn the best practices for using Symfony's Form component as endorsed by its creator.
Symfony developers who have some experience with the Form component. You have read the documentation and have built forms with Symfony. You want to know how to do it right and learn the little tricks.
Learn the best practices for using Symfony's Form component. After taking this training, you should be able to use the component in the majority of applications and use cases. You will learn what's really important and gather a basic understanding of how the component works internally.
Depending on your previous knowledge I will adapt the training to best fit your needs.
Some of the questions that I want to answer are:
- What are the best practices for creating and handling forms?
- Which features have been added recently that I might have missed?
- How do I best add custom validation logic?
- How do I create custom validation constraints?
- What are the best practices for writing constraint validators?
- What's the easiest way for customizing my form's HTML?
- When should I use themes and when shouldn't I?
- How do I properly write a form type?
- How can I use forms with feature flags?
- How do I make my type configurable on a field-by-field basis?
- What's the best way for modeling a form to a given domain model?
- What can I do if my domain model's structure differs from the form's structure?
- How do I handle collection associations properly?
- How do I use forms with value objects?
- How do I combine forms and Domain-Driven Design (DDD)?
- What is a data mapper and how can I use it?
- How can I easily debug forms?
- How should I test a form type?
You have other questions? Ask them during the training.
In the training, we will work on a space strategy game called "Deep Space One". This little demo project offers a good playground to test important concepts and, more importantly, it's a lot of fun! :-)
The training toggles between solving tasks using pair programming and showing solutions upfront. Between the practical tasks, we will look at important theoretical concepts to give you a deeper understanding. This methodology has proven to offer a good balance between practice and theory.
The training slides will be provided to you as PDF. You will receive a Git repository that contains the code of the demo project. The repository also contains tags with the solutions of all the tasks in the training. This allows you to recap the training at home if you need to.
Quick Facts Symfony Forms Best Practices
The most important facts:
|Participants||3 - 14|
What Next? Symfony Forms Master Class
The perfect follow-up if you want to become an expert.