Master Symfony's Form component by learning the inside outs right from its creator.
Symfony developers who have a thorough understanding of the Form component. To get the most of the training, consider taking the Symfony Forms Best Practices training before.
Become a master of Symfony's Form component. After taking this training, you should be able to use the component in enterprise applications with high requirements. You will learn about the internals of the component and get to know advanced features that you need in challenging projects.
Depending on your previous knowledge I will adapt the training to best fit your needs.
Some of the questions that I want to answer are:
- How do forms work internally?
- What's the purpose and architecture of
- Is it possible to vary validation depending on the use case?
- What are validation groups? When and why should I use them?
- How can I disable validation?
- How do validation groups work with associations and collections?
- When and how do I use validation group sequences?
- How do I validate my form dynamically?
- What are data transformers and view formats?
- When and how should I chain data transformers?
- How do I use data transformers to reuse functionality of existing form types?
- How do I filter and sanitize submitted data?
- What are data mappers and when do I use them?
- What's the difference between data mappers and data transformers?
- How do I implement dynamic forms?
- How do I make forms react to changes in my domain model?
- How do I deal with chained events in forms?
- How can I change the behavior or rendering of standard Symfony form types?
- What is a form theme? How do I create a custom theme?
- What do I have to consider when overriding base themes with more specific themes? How does the theme inheritance model work?
- How can I access data of a form view, so-called view variables? Which view variables can I use?
- How do different application architectures affect my form?
- Do I always need to bind forms to Doctrine entities?
You have other questions? Ask them during the training.
In the training, we will work on a space strategy game called "Deep Space One". This little demo project offers a good playground to test important concepts and, more importantly, it's a lot of fun!
The training toggles between solving tasks using pair programming and showing solutions upfront. Between the practical tasks, we will look at important theoretical concepts to give you a deeper understanding. This methodology has proven to offer a good balance between practice and theory.
The training slides will be provided to you as PDF. You will receive a Git repository that contains the code of the demo project. The repository also contains tags with the solutions of all the tasks in the training. This allows you to recap the training at home if you need to.
Quick Facts Symfony Forms Master Class
The most important facts:
|Participants||3 - 14|